If you have a new 4K TV with HD series and movies, we inform you that now you can also do it while playing your favorite video games on your PC. Or what is the same; play on your PC TV by connecting both devices, all in a simple and affordable way.
Play PC games on your TV in comfort
How to do it? If you own any modern TVs, you already know the beauties of Ultra HD content, with many more pixels than the previous Full HD standard, for example. You might already be a 4K gamer, as there are consoles like the Xbox One X that are capable of outputting native 4K for Xbox One games, and the PS4 Pro is capable of upscaling to something similar.
For this reason, and also to make it more specific and a much more immersive experience, today we are going to find out how you can connect the latest generation TV to the latest model (or older, of course) gaming computer in order to play our games. games. Pets.
This as such can be very useful when you want to do it on your TV, but you only have it saved on your computer, and also if you want to gather your friends on the couch at home and show them everything you can do with this new game. . who came to you
How to do it
While dedicated monitors offer us benefits such as high or low refresh rates, more and more gamers are opting for them.Comfort and sizeIt allows you to play on the largest screens, so connecting a PC to a TV is a more than practical alternative.
However, one of the biggest and most recurring problems is that our computers are often in another room and far enough away that we can’t (or don’t want to) use a computer.HDMI cable, which may be the most common. (It would be enough to connect the PC to the TV in the appropriate ports, then press the WINDOWS + P keys). But there are other ways to do it.
Streaming over Wi-Fi
There are two requirements to stream movies, series or games over Wi-Fi to TV from PC or laptop without cables, although we need to meet the following two conditions:
- TV with SmartTV connected to the network via WiFi or Ethernet cable.
- Windows 10 PC connected to a Wi-Fi network or Ethernet cable.
- To do this, we will first make sure that we have file sharing enabled on your computer.
We launch it on a PC, click on the File Explorer folder, and then in the window that opens at the bottom left of the Network.
In the network window above, we should receive a message asking if we want this computer to connect to the local network to share files, we click and accept.
A message will automatically appear on our TV telling us if we want to allow the device to connect, we click on “Allow” and we see that what was transferred to the PC is now playing on our TV.
You can also project it onto a screen.
Another very practical alternative (in case we don’t want or can’t do it via HDMI cable), besides WiFi transmission, is related to screen projection. Or what is the same; that the game that is watched on the PC goes directly to the TV through the Windows configurator.
To do this, on our Windows computer, we can press the key combination Windows + P to open the display settings immediately. In it we will find the following settings:
- Mirror: This is a screen mirroring function. Through it, he reproduces the screen of our computer on television. It is especially used for presentations where you also need to have the computer screen turned on in front of you.
- Extend: This feature allows you to use your TV as a secondary screen in addition to your computer screen. Here you can drag windows from one screen to another. This can help us a lot when working with multiple applications in parallel.
- second screen only: This allows us to use the TV as the only screen, since the computer screen is turned off while we use this mode.